Thursday, January 14, 2010

X2 (2003)

With X2 I'm torn. It does do a better job than the original in developing characters and giving them more of a acting job, but the plot is once again pulling it down and the actors involved doesn't work well with what they're given.

And again the fight scenes and superhero stuff is childish and flashbacks me to the old Batman movies. I can't excuse them to much either, because Spider-Man had set a new standard the year prior to this release.

I watched the X-Men trilogy in a couple of days a couple of weeks back, and I actually rated this even lower than the original. Thinking back I'm not so convinced I was correct doing so, but both being so weak makes me quite sure I'm not going to revisit them to find out if I give either or both of them too little credit.

I'll be the first to admit I might be too harsh on this movie (and both the first and third as well), but my rating is those I gave just after watching them so at least that's what I felt they deserved at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment