Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday Night Lights (2004)

Friday Night Lights is the movie based on Bissinger's book telling the tale of a High School football team in Odessa, Texas. Later director Peter Berg have taken the story and changed it into a TV-show with the same title which I'm very much a fan of.

I don't find the movie focused enough in telling its story. Unlike in the TV-show, I rarely feel anything for the characters in this movie. As far as I recall the book is based on real events, and maybe this reality is the reason it doesn't quite catch on to me. I'm not sure.

For whatever reason, I'm happy when the movie ends. It just quite wasn't worth the time and I began to realize so halfway through it, to my frustration as I had expectations of feeling more for this team. It still has a story to tell, and while it's not enough to justify the time and effort, it's enough to not slaughter it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment