Friday, January 15, 2010

The Italian Job (2003)

The Italian Job is the remake of the 1969 movie with the same title. I might as well also add I haven't seen the original with Michael Caine and Noel Coward. This is a heist movie, and like with most heist movies the heists are what makes or breaks the entertainment value.

And I think the heists are good enough. It's not a repetition of the same job, but varied enough to make each a small entertainment on its own build up and execution.

Our remake have gathered an impressive ensemble cast. They're like most interesting heist crews. Their skills as well as their personalities vary, and it's enough of a pleasure to be introduced to this lot.

The plot isn't unique or very original, but the movie manages its job thanks to the heists and the acting performed by our ensemble. Even after second viewing I was satisfied with my value for the time spent, but then again I got a soft spot for these kind of movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment