Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2009)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is based on the first book in late Swedish novelist Stieg Larsson's Millennium-trilogy. I've read the first two books of the trilogy, and liked them, so it does have some influence on how I watch and rate this movie.

It's never easy to judge a movie based on a book, when you have a experience from the book in your head. The first book of Larsson's trilogy was very good in my opinion, and I doubted they would manage to capture it well enough on screen. I was right, at least according to my own experience of the movie.

The movie isn't bad in any way. It's just not very good either, and it has a good story. It's a quite long movie, but still I feel they have cut it in the wrong places. Some of the script editing have taken them to short cut solutions they shouldn't have taken, and it ruins some of the movies flow.

I was satisfied with the acting though, and to a certain degree was I surprised by that fact as it's not the easiest tasks they've taken on. All in all worth watching, but I still think the book is a lot more rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment