Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Two Lovers (2008)

Two Lovers is the story of Leonard, a burned out suicide case, who meets two women and is faced with love and decisions.

The two women is obviously very different, and we follow Leonard's relationship with both. I'm sorry to say my biggest problem was with the cast of Joaquin Phoenix as Leonard. I never got to care for the main character one way or the other, and then the entire movie felt quite wasteful. I think the two leading female actresses portrays their roles well, but that can't save the movie for me.

I didn't think the script was too good either, but then again I might have felt different without Phoenix. I left the movie feeling it might have been a story to care somewhat for, but I never got the chance to. The feeling of potential it left me is probably why it even got this high rating with me, cause looking back I'm not even sure it deserved this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment