Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hard Candy (2005)

Director: David Slade
Writer: Brian Nelson
Cast: Ellen Page, Patrick Wilson, Sandra Oh
Genre: Drama, Thriller

This is the kind of movie I suggest you know as little as possible about before you watch it. From my point of view even the cover gives away too much. I make no secret of the reason I've found this 5 year old movie, as I've stated Ellen Page is a future superstar.

After watching it I'm even more certain she'll have a long and impressive career if she stays healthy. Patrick Wilson also impresses in Hard Candy. The duo carries a story hooking you into its tension, its painful subject and even more painful question to its audience.

I'm not at all going to go into the movie, but I'll have no problem recommending it. I was torn on the rating of this movie, as its flaws actually makes it not quite deserve the rating I've given in the end. Still, combining the way it screams at you and the great acting leave me no choice in the end.

Edit August 17th, 2010: After the rating adjustments, it comes out very high at its rating of seven, and there's no doubt it deserves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment