Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Girl Who Played with Fire (2009)

The Girl Who Played with Fire is the second movie in the trilogy based on late Swedish novelist Stieg Larsson's Millennium-trilogy. As I mentioned in the review of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo I've read the first two books, and even if I liked the first book better than the second I enjoyed the second as well.

While the story in the second part of the trilogy is weaker than in the first, it didn't have to reflect in a weaker movie as there was some editing problems in the first movies script. They did a little better in the editing of this script, but this time the acting wasn't as convincing. I don't think the thinner plot should be taking responsibility as there should still be more than enough to work with.

While the first movie was worth the time, I think the second was to weak to make that cut. It would probably been easier if the runtime wasn't above two hours, but I doubt they could have told the story in much less time than they did. Once again the book is a better choice, and I for one will be sure to read the final chapter of the trilogy before watching the movie of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment