Monday, January 18, 2010

Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008)

Forgetting Sarah Marshall is Jason Segal's first shot script and also the directing debut for Nicholas Stoller. I've been a fan of Kristen Bell since I first watched Veronica Mars and Mila Kunis isn't hard to look at either.

So the end result is a quite disappointing movie, as this didn't hit the right notes with me. I've got to admit I'm no fan of Jason Segal, who besides writing this also plays the lead role. Supporting cast includes the genre's well known faces like Jonah Hill and Paul Rudd, and it introduces (to me at least) Russell Brand in a quite big part as Sarah Marshall's new boyfriend, but this is a lot of Segal. Way too much Segal for me at least. Kunis and Bell got quite normal characters, while the male characters around them is out there with issues to cover a psych book.

It's got its moments, scenes and jokes that works, but after watching it twice I can't still come to term with the overall lack of good humor. It tries to be funny, as this is more comedy than romance, but it doesn't succeed nearly often enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment