Saturday, January 30, 2010

Serious Moonlight (2009)

Serious Moonlight is the biggest disappointment I've had in quite a while. Not to say I had hopes, only to really underline how incredible weak this story was.

This is a Meg Ryan and Timothy Hutton duologue, were both have serious trouble making us take any of them seriously at all. The plot is incredible bad, the characters the same and the idea of these two actually being persuaded to do this movie is something I'll never understand.

I got to admit I'm not the biggest fan of Hutton to begin with, even if I can stand him in small portions in the TV show Leverage. Ryan have done both good and bad movies, but even if I did like her in In The Land of Women, I think she shouldn't let that get to her head. This wasn't the greatest idea her agent ever had.

I love Kristen Bell, but her part is only a smaller support one and not even an especially good one either. Between her and Ryan I manage to not flunk this movie as a 1, but that's just barely. Even being quite short, this movie felt awfully long. Easily the worst movie I've seen since Sex Drive, but that one was at least funny once or twice.... I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment