Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Moon (2009)

I've earlier mentioned I'm not the biggest Sci-Fi fan around. The overused CGI, blasting laser weapons and invading aliens are not my first choice in genre. Moon is a completely different story. This is a Sci-Fi story with depth who makes you think long after its end credits have passed you by.

Moon's got a great cast. Kevin Spacey's voice is great as GERTY and Sam Rockwell plays the lead excellently. Debut director Duncan Jones also wrote the original story for this movie, and he does ever so well with such a small budget.

Every so often a lack of originality, might as easily be interpreted as a celebration of genre classics. I think that's very much the case with this, as the movie knows exactly which story it wants to tell. It's focused and its depth helps as well. So I really don't mind the fact it doesn't reinvent the wheel. It's still a story very much worth told and one I easily recommend watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment