Sunday, January 17, 2010

Chasing Liberty (2004)

Director: Andy Cadiff
Writer: Derek Guiley, David Schneiderman
Cast: Mandy Moore, Matthew Goode, Mark Harmon, Jeremy Piven, Annabell Sciorra, Martin Hancock
Genre: Teen, Rom-Com

There was a lack of ideas in 2004, and both Chasing Liberty and First Daughter came with quite similar plots about the U.S. President's daughter. In my opinion Katie Holmes First Daughter wasn't worth much, but Mandy Moore does better in Chasing Liberty. To be fair I'll have to say she got a better script to work with as well.

It's not a great story, and it's obviously not that original either as they managed to release two quite similar movies in the same year, but it's quite charming. I'll have to admit I do fancy Mandy Moore, and it did help a lot, but it's also got some funny characters and touring Europe doesn't hurt.

Based on acting, story and originality it probably doesn't deserve my rating, but I got to reward it for managing were other fail. It's a feelgood romantic comedy, and I've probably watched it three times during the past five years. It always managed to give me that warm and fussy feeling, so I guess it's mission accomplished. That's got to count for a lot when it never tries to be anything more. At least to me it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment