Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ellen Page

Ellen Philpotts-Page
21 February 1987
My favorite Ellen-role: Juno (Juno)
Easy choice as on-screen sister: TBA

I've hailed Ellen Page as a future superstar in reviews here, and my admiration is hardly a secret. Then it's most fitting she's the first of my favorites I write a few words about.

Still only 22 years young, her career is already quite impressive. From tv-shows like Pit Pony, Trailer Park Boys and ReGenesis, she's gone on doing several tv-movies until she did an astonishing job in Hard Candy. That performance along with her work on An American Crime and Juno should be enough to convince you of her talent. The latter got her nominated for the Oscar for Best Performance by an actress in a Leading Role in 2008.




Also taken on more fun roles like Bliss "Babe Ruthless" Cavendar in Whip It and as Kitty Pryde in the latest X-men movie, she's gaining experience and having some fun. These roles wasn't very demanding, but in both movies she managed to remind why I like her so much. She can steal scenes with a look and carry scenes with her attitude. Doing some less demanding roles also adds ability to do different things and credibility as an actress not cornered into a certain segment of roles.


I'm not going to claim she for sure will win an Oscar, as they have time and again proven how blind they are to talent, but if she don't during her career take home at least one of those shiny little things I'll be very surprised. She's proven both dramatic and comedic talent, is still very young and seems to have an eye for scripts were she's got to dig deep.


One thing about me being a fan of her. I'm, as most men, quite easily attracted by beauty, but in the case of Ellen Page I'm confident it's her talent which has me enchanted. Not to say she's not attractive, but her roles in the three movies was convincingly portraying young teens and I'm just not that twisted. She does so well give life to emotions on screen, whether it's happiness, anger, sorrow or something else, and convincingly she takes on very different kind of roles.



I look forward to her next project, and while I wait I'll keep an eye out for those of her former performances I haven't yet had the pleasure to watch.

Ellen Page movies reviewed here at Motion Pictures on the fly:

No comments:

Post a Comment