Friday, January 15, 2010

Wedding Crashers (2005)

Wedding Crashers is depending on Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson to make us laugh. They rarely manages to do so with me, but Vaughn combined with Rachel McAdams and Isla Fisher as the Cleary sisters manages to at least save me from drowning. I'm not a huge fan of Owen Wilson, and he doesn't do much for me in this movie either.

McAdams and Fisher have both got into my fancy list during the past months, and thankfully the members of that list often manages to keep me awake in movies otherwise killing me slowly. That's very much the case here, and without them this movie would drop another notch on my rating.

The story isn't much to talk about, the punchlines are often soaking and the drama parts is not something Wilson should carry without serious acting lessons. Vaughn saves some of the comedic parts trusted in the males, while the Cleary sisters characters saves most of the rest rescuing an otherwise doomed rating from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment