Saturday, January 9, 2010

Tropic Thunder (2008)

Comedy is my achilles. I rarely find comedies amusing me to the same degree they amuse others, and Ben Stiller haven't really ever managed to hit the right cords for me on regular basis.

The reason I dug up Tropic Thunder was because I wanted to see more of Robert Downey Jr. after just watching Iron Man and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Being a comedy about movies, movie stars, war movies and so on, I do get most of the references and jokes, but I'm not laughing very often.

It's to much Stiller humor for me, and to little genuinely amusing dialogue. It's most definitely 107 minutes I probably would have gained a lot more from spending on something else, and adding the time I've spent thinking of this short review I'm closing in on 2 hours. Moving on now.

No comments:

Post a Comment