Saturday, January 9, 2010

World's Greatest Dad (2009)

World's Greatest Dad is, as it often is with Robin Williams, a one man show. Lance Clayton is a failed writer, a failure as teacher, failing to make it into a possible relationship and anything but connected to his son. His son being a strange loner with only half a friend and perverted ideas probably doesn't help, but to make matters worse his son manages to die masturbating.

From there a small lie leads to improvement in Clayton's own life, but when one lie leads to new lies somewhere along the road it's got to be blurry. For me the entire movie became way too blurry long before the end credits, and this is one of the few movies in recent history I've actually had huge problems even making it through.

Labeled Comedy/Drama, it's not funny enough or with a good enough story to tell. Thinking back (as it's been 5 days since I viewed it) I'm not even sure why I gave it such a good rating. I trust there was something elevating it there, cause I'll for sure not revisit this just to figure out if it actually deserved to get even lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment