Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Toy Story (1995)

Toy Story is not surprisingly the story of toys, and especially about what they do when they ain't played with. We meet a boys favorite toy faced with the new toy taking his position in the boys life.

I had not seen this movie until recently, and I'm afraid we've been spoiled by good animation movies a lot since it was made 15 years ago. That's probably the biggest reason for my low rating on it, but I wasn't very keen on the story either. It was to much nice moral baked into it, and while that probably was a good reason to let your kids watch it, it wasn't very rewarding as a movie.

It has it moments though, and maybe especially the birthday party and the soldiers doing recon for what new toys are arriving. Still, with the likes of The Incredibles, Shrek, Ice Age and a lot of other movies sky rocketing our expectations for animated movies, this one I'll probably never watch again.

No comments:

Post a Comment