Thursday, January 14, 2010

X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

I was pleasant surprised The Last Stand should be the one in the trilogy I enjoyed the most, especially since the first two disappointed me enough to hold on a couple of days before finally daring to watch the last part of the trilogy. Thankfully I gave it a chance, cause this time I actually enjoyed the plot a little more and also the fight scenes were a lot better than in the first two.

Obviously a lot happened in superhero movies during the six years from the first to the third, especially since both Batman and Spidey raised the bar for anything in the genre. It was good to see also X-Men managed to up their game quite well the third time around.

I'd also like to take the time to point of there's surprises in this one I didn't see coming, and that's very pleasant. It gave it a new and much needed dimension I felt the first two lacked. As usual I try to avoid spoilers, so I'll not go any deeper on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment