Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Into The Blue (2005)

Whenever I even watch the cover of Into The Blue it reminds me of a Blue-Ray commercial. It's the movie they pushed as the proof Blue-Ray was a lot better than DVD, because of the endless scenes of beautiful ocean (and probably because of the beautiful Jessica Alba as well).

And maybe it was, but as a movie its not much to brag about. Neither the adventure or the action parts are very good, the acting doesn't exactly stand out and the plot is thin. On the other hand the ocean looked beautiful, Alba looked beautiful and I would guess Walker didn't look bad either for those of you interested in males.

And it doesn't follow the all the rules most such movies are made with. There's actually a couple of interesting choices made writing the script. It doesn't help enough as I would have needed it to take it to either more adventure or more action to manage to entertain as I'm hoping for whenever I watch something up this alley, but it helps enough to save it from being a total disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment