Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Vivre sa vie: Film en douze tableaux (1962)

Vivre sa vie: Film en douze tableaux

Almost ashamed I admit this was my first Godard-movie, but afterward I'm not so sure that's something to be ashamed of. Don't get me wrong. There's a lot of interesting things about the movie. The camerawork, Anna Karina and how it demands your thoughts as the best parts.

Still. There's just to much weakness in it for me to understand how this can possibly be so acclaimed. Some of the tableaux's are nothing short of uninteresting and boring, which doesn't do well in a movie coming short of 90 minutes.

In all fairness this is the kind of movie you really have to let sink in and preferably watch twice until you can come with an informed opinion, but the weaker parts makes me quite sure I'll never consider it a classic and I'll not be able to get through it again in quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment