Sunday, December 26, 2010

Star Wars (1977)

Star Wars

The beginning of a franchise I've never got to, until now. I've obviously known quite a lot about the Star Wars universe thanks to numerous references in never pop culture, but I've never really been that enthusiastic about getting to know it my self.

For an introduction to a new universe it works quite well, but as a movie seen on its own merits it lacks a little. It doesn't have neither the necessary charm nor the action or adventurous needed to come over the top. There's obviously also something to be said for the lack of hitting easy targets with those laser weapons of the stormtroopers.

It's more than good enough I'll be looking forward to dip further into Lucas' universe, and I might even have this growing on me in time. Just now it doesn't quite make up for the legend, acclaims and hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment