Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (2005)

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Four girls, friends since birth, and the summer they're finally apart learning a bit more about the world on their own. Needless to say I didn't exactly have the highest expectations going into this, but as I have a soft spot for coming of age stories I expected there would be some sides of it appealing to me.

And there were, a few. Bledel was the main actress attracting me to watch this, and her character was one of the two most interesting ones even though her story is quite half told rather than complete. The other interesting one was Amber Tamblyn's character, and that one was more complete as well.

Lively was a crappy choice, and half the time she was running I just wanted to laugh. Ferrera did better, but her character's was the most boring screen-time.

It's not a great movie in any way, but it's got its moments. Probably best suited for girls below the age of the four friends, and maybe even below Bailey's. Jenna Boyd did well as Bailey by the way, while my personal favorite Whitford had very little to work with here. Overall a weak 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment