Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Social Network (2010)

The Social Network

Of all the reasons I had to watch this movie, Aaron Sorkin was the most interesting one despite my love for the man's work came from TV-series The West Wing, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and Sports Night. If there's thing Sorkin is especially great at, it's the work flow. And he gets to get it well in here as well.

Fincher in the chair is rarely disappointing, and if it wasn't for the hype I wouldn't have been this time either. Still. There's not a lot of interesting things to be said about this movie and its story. It's a now thing, as hyped by the company and it's hold on people, as by anything the movie stands for it self. Big whoop.

Eisenberg and Garfield are however great, and that Timberlake dude doesn't really ruin anything at all. He doesn't add much, but it seems like he might have some talent.

Sorkin didn't really get to use all his potential, but then again which college kids can be portrayed realistic in a Sorkin well-run dialogue?

Well. Now I've seen it, and thanks to the hype I'll take my frustration out on Zuckerberg. I won't log into Facebook in at least 2 days. Top 250 on IMDB? National Review Board? Come on. Log off Facebook for a minute and appreciate the art of movies which came before. Fincher have done better, Sorkin have done better and something tells me Garfield is going to do even better in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment