Saturday, December 11, 2010

Gregory's Girl (1981)

Gregory's Girl

Bill Forsyth delivers a quirky comedy with the best possible quirkiness there is, but at several areas scenes are wasted on stuff dragging the tempo as well as the feel. My love and praise for Dazed and Confused should prove I'm in no need for a lot of story lines to be impressed, but Forsyth haven't managed quite the balance on teachers and parents opposite our young leads.

Still. This movie have some really delightful quirky scenes and awkward teens lacking the slick tongue most of them have in today's pictures. There's also a raw charming side to this that makes it impossible to dislike.

I do imagine this is one of those movies that very well might grow on me in time, and my high 5 might very well find its way up a notch or maybe even two with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment