Saturday, June 26, 2010

Rushmore (1998)

Rushmore is one more of Wes Anderson's widely acclaimed movies, and as usual they don't hit home with me. At the end of the day I guess these kind of movies just ain't my cup of tea. It doesn't help I don't care much for Bill Murray either, and that Schwartzman kid tried his best to bore me to death in his new TV-show Bored to Death so it's no secret I'm not his biggest fan either.

I really can't say much more about this movie without turning to cliches, because it bored me. I've never claimed my sense of humor is great, and my reviews of movies like Mean Girls, World's Greatest Dad, Serious Moonlight and Youth in Revolt should by now have left you with the impression I couldn't possibly love this either. I hope I like The Royal Tenenbaums better, but it's fair to say I've lost any illusions of that happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment