Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hung: Cheerleaders

I haven't written anything but reviews in a long time, so it's about time I begin to get it rolling more like I thought in the beginning. By now there should be more than enough movies reviewed to get a glimpse on my taste in movies, how I reward and deduct and so on. Still. A ten point rating can never divide enough to fairly judge movies. It's still probably the best scale to give you an idea of what I think, and in case of doubt whether or not to check it out you can also check out my score on Criticker.com to see if it's high or low on the given rating. This should be most useful on movies scoring 5-7, combined with knowledge on my taste. The rating I use at Criticker is like this: (Edited: August 15th, 2010 as I changed to the easier readable and logical below)

1 : 0-10
2 : 11-20
3 : 21-30
4 : 31-40
5 : 41-50
6 : 51-60
7 : 61-70
8 : 71-80
9 : 81-90
10: 91-100

I hand out very few 10's, but more 6's and 7's so it'll obviously be quite a difference between a 51 and a 60, so Criticker might be quite useful to check out my thoughts when in doubt.

Hung

About the headline. I'll from time to time get hang-up on what kind of movies I watch a week. Those paying attention earlier might have noticed such when I watched all Fast and Furious movies and the Transporter movies during very short time. Then I would have announced it by "Hung: Car Actions" if I had been doing what I intend to do now. Usually such a hang-up comes along after watching a movie inspiring me, reading news inspiring me or something like that. Often it doesn't even need to be a good movie getting the ball rolling. Quite the opposite. I often dislike how a movie played out, and chose a better movie with the same theme to lift my spirit. then I just might keep going.

So no I've recently had to hang-ups, and the first one was cheer-leading movies. I love the concept of cheer-leading: I mean: What's not to like? Pretty girls, little clothes and athleticism. There's a tripod made in heaven if I ever heard of one. Still, it's not easy to keep the right balance of comedy, teen angst, character building and love story to make these movies bearable.

My hang-up this time started after watching Fired Up!, and somewhat disappointed in ruining a perfectly good idea, I went on to familiar stories from the Bring It On-franchise. I also checked out an old title, but soon enough figured out that was something completely different. Anyhoo. The reviews from me cheer-leading rush will shortly follow.

By the way. I do manage to have two thoughts in my head at once. During my two latest hang-ups I've also squeezed in movies like the already reviewed ones like Shutter Island, Flyboys, The Girl Next Door and so on.

Edited 26th June: The cheerleader-movies reviews:

Done with cheerleaders for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment