Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Robots (2005)

Robots is the third Bynes movie I'll review in her marathon her at Motion Pictures on the fly. I didn't watch her voice work at Charlotte's Web 2 from 2003, so this was my first experience of her giving voice to an animated movie. Robots tell the story of the aspiring inventor, 'Rodney', in a land of robots, going to the big city to meet his idol and show off his recent invention.

The big city turns out to be nothing like he expected, he doesn't get to meet his idol who's mysteriously missing and we follow 'Rodney' on the adventures that follows when he tries to help out other robots he meets, when he tries to find his idol and so on. The story is thinner than soup, the humor is mostly non-excisting and to me most of this movie's entertainment came from the small part of Bynes, 'Piper'. A part I think they should have made more important, as her comedic timing shines through even in this animated movie. All in all this is easily one of the least interesting animated movies I've seen in the last decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment