Monday, June 21, 2010

Inkheart (2008)

Inkheart had a huge problem to defeat with me. I really don't like Brendan Fraser as an actor, and he has the lead. Still. I'm not a huge fan of David Bowie's acting either, but I hoped Inkheart would like Labyrinth keep the magic alive with its fantasy world rather than relaying on good acting. I was sadly dissapointed.

Fraser was equally weak as usual. I've got no idea how on earth this guy gets so many lead roles. He can't act anything and he's utterly unbelievable in all kind of roles. Paul Bettany, Eliza Bennett and the rest of the cast doesn't shine either, but they do well enough the script considered, because this is a poor movie. It's got little to none magic in its tale, the story is not only unlikely in a fantasy genre, but also uninspired and uninteresting.

No comments:

Post a Comment