Monday, June 14, 2010

And Then Came Lola (2009)

And Then Came Lola is the baby of Ellen Seidler and Megan Siler, who's both written and directed this together.

I like to begin with assuring everybody I haven't considered this up against Run Lola Run, as many who's slaughtered this movie at imdb.com has. I've only rated this on its own merits.

With that said, I was very happy with one point of this; the short runtime. Clocking in at about 70 minutes, end credits included, was pleasant since this is the worst movie I've seen in years. Those 70 minutes sure felt a lot longer.

Good looking actresses and a lesbian romantic comedy with sex scenes and girls kissing. It doesn't sound boring? I didn't think so either, but the story is so incredible weak this lands on a solid failure. The worst part is this: The leading actresses is mostly good looking women acting quite well, rather than the more masculine looking lesbians you see quite a few of and the awful actresses you see quite a few of. Still. Neither fact can salvage this storyline from doom.

I actually fear taking a crap "actress" like Paris Hilton and a crap script like a college film student describing his weekend PG-13 rated fantasies, probably would be much worse than this. I actually think it's about time they make a couple of decent lesbian romantic comedies. We live in in a new decade again, and homosexuality shouldn't raise that many flags anymore. Still. They deserve a lot better than And Then Came Lola.

1 comment:

  1. "I'm a 30 year old male ..." (Kinda says it all. Why not ask a lesbian what SHE thinks 'cuz we seem to like it) ;-))

    ReplyDelete