Thursday, June 24, 2010

Flyboys (2006)

Flyboys reminds me in many ways of Pearl Harbor, but is worse in so many ways. That's actually quite an achievement, but that's the feeling I'm left with. The war story is mediocre. I'm not in any way undermining these war heroes portrayed, but it's not much of a story worth telling in a movie. All such stories are important enough for the growing generations to learn from, but as I often say; all stories worth telling ain't worth telling with a motion picture.

The love story told is also of the mediocre kind, and then the entire movie relay on fight sequences, character growth and such, and there's not much to get there either. I was early bored by this, and that feeling is still with me several days after watching it.

By the way. I did enjoy Jennifer Decker as 'Lucienne'. One of very few acting performances worth mentioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment