Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fired Up! (2009)

Fired Up! is a great idea for a teen comedy plotted around cheerleaders, but fails quite often in execution. I loved the idea, but quickly I got several worries. Firstly I didn't quite buy the two leads as so popular, but hi; I've got no idea what high school girls chase these days. Then the smaller pieces of relations with coaches and such started to bug me.

Thankfully we soon enough got to cheer-camp, and the movie could pick up it's pace. Oh no. Obviously they aimed for adolescent humor, and I've timed and again told how that usually doesn't make me even smile. The chance of laughs even slimmer.

It began going like a roller coaster from there. The story is half headed in a direction I would have chosen, and half being busy ridicule the leads, the director and the quite unbelievable boyfriend of the head cheerleader.

You get no points for guessing every single direction the movie will chose, and it's more predictable than most in its genre even. Still in bits and pieces there's a potential sometimes shining through, there's some great acting chemistry, while somehow lacking in acting quality, between the leads and other smaller stuff at least making sure I got the craving for more cheerleader movies. I guess that's something as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment