Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Thomas Crown Affair (1968)

The Thomas Crown Affair is the 1968 original on which the 1999 Pierce Brosnan remake is built upon, starring Steve McQueen as Thomas Crown and Faye Dunaway as the insurance agent looking to capture him for his crime.

I don't mind watching old movies. Not long ago I reviewed Serpico starring the young Al Pacino and another example might be Where Eagles Dare with Clint Eastwood and Richard Burton, and I honored both. This movie is however a blend attempt to have a dialogue thriller catch our interest with a playboy-thief and the insurance agent looking to capture him. Much like in the remake, I never cared for any of the characters, I found the dialogue alarming naive and the entire movie is a reminder not everything was better back in the days. As it turns out the original is as bad as the remake, and ain't that a kick in the head?

No comments:

Post a Comment