Saturday, August 14, 2010

Mulholland Dr. (2001)

Director: David Lynch
Writer: David Lynch
Cast: Naomi Watts, Laura Harring, Justin Theroux
Genre: Drama, Mystery, Romance, Thriller

Mulholland Dr. being a work of David Lynch's brain, it's highly recommended to watch this movie sharp. He'll let you embrace the characters, and then he throw impulses at your brain making it rather difficult to be indifferent towards his work. Just finished watching it for my very first time, I've got to admit I find it difficult to rate it confidently. I think this one will stick with me for a while, and the probability is most definitely there for it growing on me both prior to and after second time watched. For now the only thing I'm confident saying is this: It's most definitely a movie well worth having seen.

We follow doe-eyed Betty arriving Hollywood, Rita who's escaped a murder attempt at her life and Adam having a rather unique day at work, even for a movie director like him. While the tale unfolding mught feel all over the place for a while, it still keeps you interested much thanks to the atmospheres created and the characters faced. As Lynch keeps spinning his web, you'll find yourself increasingly interested in these people, these shadows of Mulholland Drive.

If I stay healthy and live on for years, this is most definitely a movie I'll revisit.

No comments:

Post a Comment