Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Thomas Crown Affair (1999)

The Thomas Crown Affair of 1999 is the refreshed remake of the former one with Steve McQueen doing the exact same title role. Now Pierce Brosnan takes on the part of 'Mr. Crown', but not in style if I might be so bold. I really didn't like him in this role. I never believed in him, and it makes me wonder what I'll say if I ever watch one of his Bond-movies again.

I guess Rene Russo does a decent enough role as the insurance agent, but the entire story delivered is so far out it's ridiculous. The chemistry between the two leads never catch fire, the plot is silly and unlike most movies of this kind we never really care what happens with any of the characters. With half hour to go of the movie, I'm perfectly happy to watch every single character going up in flames in a plane crash. And not because they are such awful people and deserves the faith, but just because I really couldn't care less. Something is seriously wrong when that's the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment