Thursday, August 5, 2010

New labels on movies reviewed

Been a couple of weeks since I watched my last movie. Some other work have cut into my time at hand, and TV-shows have been chosen for popular cultural recreations mainly because of the runtime. Those reviews posted today have been waiting in line since mid-July, but I'm now looking forward to watch new movies like Kick-Ass and The Ghost Writer, and revisit older ones like Monsters Inc. Other titles waiting includes The Back-Up Plan, Love Story, Hunting and Gathering and Birds of America to mention a few. As far as I remember I also still have some of the titles starring Jennifer Connelly and Drew Barrymore on hold.

The reason for this post is mostly to point towards the new use of labels or tags. In addition to the rating, I'll also now label the reason for watching the movie, or in some cases the top reasons as there might be too many to mention. The most common will be labels like Top 250 pointing towards it being a top 250 movie at IMDB at the time I watched it, Actor/actress/director's name like Ellen Page in Wilby Wonderful where her taking part was the reason I was interested at all, Ensemble where there's a lot of actor/actresses making me interested, Hype which obviously indicates my attention have been wakened by rumors, word-of-mouth and such, Revisit to indicate I've seen it before and still felt like having another look, and New which also will be quite common where I watch new releases despite not being especially interested in them of any other reason than the fact they just got released.

There will also be more uncommon ones like original later remade like The Thomas Crown Affair (1968), which obviously caught my interest mostly because of the remake. Or like Magic was most of the reason I watched The Illusionist after I recently had seen The Prestige, or Genre as the fact I just enjoy the genre was also among the reasons I watched The Prestige in the first place.

I doubt I'll ever take the time to work in labels on earlier reviews, but in time it might be interesting to know why I watched a movie in the first place and that's the main reason I work them in now. Especially when new talents are found, when you look back at a directors prior movies you've seen and such, then it might be fun to know how they personally was discovered. It'll also reflect on why I sometimes watch really awful movies despite the IMDB-ratings they've got, the lack of hype and so on. Sometimes it's just the combination of a movie being the right genre at the right time with a new release, and you press play on tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment