Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lost in Translation (2003)(2nd)

Lost in Translation

It's less than 5 months since I last reviewed this movie here. The only reason I revisited it so early is an upcoming top 10 of the decade list I'm making, and I just had to revisit this one to figure out just how much I love it. There's never been any doubt I love it, but I needed another Coppola fix to nail its deserved place at my list.

I'm not going to say much about this. I really don't have that much to say I didn't say last time around. I probably should mention it was an even better experience this time around, and that wasn't as easy as it would have been for a lot of other movies.

Bill and Scarlett are both amazing. I simply can't praise them enough, so I'll not even try. Sofia Coppola have an extraordinary eye for capturing emotions, and as so many before me I'll add much of its credit to the way she grew up. I feel for what she must have seen and experienced, but the world wouldn't been quite the same if she didn't also have this ability to give us insight into it through this movie.

Bill, Scarlett and Sofia paints a picture without the cheesy conversations, the cheap laughs or the Hallmark wisdom, but they still make you feel like almost no other movie are able to. It's so filled with emotions you're simply unable to fully comprehend it all in one viewing. It's quite simply a masterpiece you should embrace again and again, and yet feel like you haven't fully managed to catch its depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment