Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hung: Drew Barrymore and Jennifer Connelly

So, after watching movies like Blood Diamond, Labyrinth, Fever Pitch, Whip It, 50 First Dates, Inkheart, both Drew Barrymore and Jennifer Connelly have caught my interest in a hang-up way. Unlike in the case of Amanda Bynes, I'll not watch everything these two have been involved in. Their catalogs are just way to huge for that. Still I'll go through a lot of their movies in the time to come, and they've got two different styles and reasons to catch my interest.

Jennifer Connelly is an actress I haven't seen a lot to earlier, but she's really impressed me through her performances in the movies I've recently seen her in. She's always believable, she adds depth to her characters without having to go out of her way to use big gestures. She's also beautiful in the old fashioned classic way. Not like we've earlier referred to as a doll (and these days as a silicon barbie), but in the Noir night club singer kind of way she so perfectly portrays in Dark City. I'm really looking forward to see more from her.

In the case of Drew Barrymore I've always had a thing for her. She's just so cute and charming, she always seems to have fun and she isn't full of herself. She takes on smaller, almost insignificant, parts, and seems to enjoy them as much as her lead roles. I love the energy she brings to the silver screen, and now also as a director with all her girls in Whip It. Some of her movies will be repeat viewings from way back, but there's also still a lot of her movies I've never seen.

I'll later come back and edit in which of their recently reviewed movies I've taken on as part of this hang-up, but for now I'll only mention those I'm certain of watching soon.

Drew:
Riding in Cars with Boys

Jennifer:
Little Children
Requiem for a Dream
House of Sand and Fog

No comments:

Post a Comment