Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hot Fuzz (2007)

Hot Fuzz tells the story of Nicholas Angel, a brilliant London-cop shipped out of town by his colleagues as he makes everyone else look bad. Reassigned to a small town, Angel's in for a completely different kind of work days. What spends the first half of the movie in on small town life, funny incidents and such, as the bodies stack up the second half becomes a cross between fast paced action, satire and regular comedy.

Simon Pegg co-wrote this with director Edgar Wright, and plays the lead very well. Several strong supporting acts, a well thought out script and all in all this movie is an entertaining journey. For me the action parts reminds me not to take it to seriously as a comedy or satire either, so the balance is not quite right to make me score it higher. I still have few problems understanding why others might enjoy it quite a lot. No secret satire isn't my strongest genre, and I might take the action sequences a little too serious as they are made here.

No comments:

Post a Comment