Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Messenger (2009)

The Messenger is a strange little movie. Mostly because it's got several quality signs, but no end product. Ben Foster and Woody Harrelson acts well, the story is a somewhat interesting human piece, but the movie lacks the nerve to make me take much interest in it. I might be too far from the wars fought, the American look at their own soldiers and such, but keep in mind I did enjoy Taking Chance even if I haven't come around to review it here yet.

There's really not a lot I can say about this movie, without coming across as a jack-ass that is. It's one of those movies I would have liked to like, but quite honestly just can't because it's not good enough. All stories aren't supposed to be taken to the big screen, even if the story itself might be worth telling. It's something about the time spent able to entertain you, to challenge you, enlighten you or something. When it comes to this I'm quite indifferent. That's never a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment