Friday, May 7, 2010

Law Abiding Citizen (2009)

Law Abiding Citizen is a tragic excuse for a crime thriller, and even sadder for its attempts to play on the drama angle as well. Starring Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler as the leading duo, and both equally unable to bring enough life into their characters to make me care much for either of them.

I could put holes in the plot, but would have to make spoilers to do so. I still feel the need to say it's not much to brag about. Unrealistic, highly unlikely and complete BS are descriptions going through my mind during the runtime. For instance: When did lawyers begin taking part in pretty much anything related to leads in a police case? Jamie Foxx' character are so often in places he shouldn't be, it's ridiculous.

Honestly. The more I think about it, the more I dislike this movie. I better just forget about it. Let's just summarize: Weak leading characters, forgettable acting, leaking plot, too little connection to feel any suspense for what's going to happen next, and by dropping in spoilers I could make the laundry list even longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment