Saturday, May 8, 2010

Elizabethtown (2005)

I love me some Kirsten Dunst, and have never denied it, but Elizabethtown isn't very entertaining. It didn't help a lot having Orlando Bloom there, but I guess that cast was more about capturing the other half of the potential watchers rather than me. I'm not convinced running from Lord of the Rings trilogy to Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy have done him any good as an actor. Rather than hiding in ensembles along greatness like Depp and Mortensen, he should have worked harder on carrying movies on his own acting.

Anyhoo. This wasn't Kristen's most inspired role either, and the story is tiresome and rather boring. It's got some moments and visions elevating it from disaster, but director Cameron Crowe did so much better in his debut Say Anything.... Of course back then he had John Cusack carrying weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment