Saturday, September 25, 2010

My Own Love Song (2010)

Director: Olivier Dahan
Writer: Olivier Dahan
Cast: Renée Zellweger, Forest Whitaker, Madeline Sima
Genre: Drama, Comedy

My Own Love Song is a forgettable experience at best. For me it was even worse as I'm not likely to forget wasting my time. For those who enjoy Bob Dylan, it's worth noting there's a lot of Dylan music mixed into the movie. For me it didn't help all that much, but I imagine Zellweger and Whitaker will have to take the blame. I really didn't connect with either of their characters, and then there's not a lot of hope for a drama.

Outcasts in a road movie, with different goals. Not exactly original, but worse is the lack of chemistry, credibility and basic progress. Sure wasn't my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment