Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Defendor (2009)(2nd review)

Director: Peter Stebbings
Writer: Peter Stebbings
Cast: Woody Harrelson, Kat Dennings, Sandra Oh, Elias Koteas, Clark Johnson, Alan C. Peterson, Michael Kelly
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Crime, Superhero

It's not more than a few months since I first watched and reviewed Defendor here, but unlike most movies I had to revisit this so early. After watching Kick-Ass I recommended rather watching this, and it's a movie I haven't managed to get out of my head. It's deep, while being shallowly comedic. It's got so much heart in the way it follows both Harrelson's Defendor and Arthur, as well as Denning's Kat.

I really haven't got a lot new I'd like to share about this movie, but I'll happily repeat myself singing its praise and recommending it highly. After second viewing it went from a weak 8/10 to a very solid 8/10 in my book. Peter Stebbings. Take note of the name. Directing his own writing, he's made a splash onto the scene. Hopefully he'll be able to follow up, and hopefully Defendor soon enough will find the audience it truly deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment