Friday, April 16, 2010

Sherlock Holmes (2009)

'Sherlock Holmes' described in a matter many might not think of him, and while I'm not that familiar with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's character I've read this movie is quite true to the original found in his books.

I'm a fan of both Robert Downey Jr and Rachel McAdams, I fancy more than my fair share of mystery stories, books and movies and in many ways England speaks louder to me than America, at least when we're talking about former centuries. Still, Guy Ritchie's movie never catch my full and undivided attention. It's like something is way off the entire time and I'm not sure if the movie doesn't find my rhythm or if it's me not connecting with its.

While I'm lately become less and less of a stranger of both science fiction and fantasy, the magic of this Sherlock Holmes doesn't impress me. The science isn't taking me in, but rather closing the door in my face. After watching I'm pondering on whether I had to high anticipation for the movie or they just failed. I'm not sure, but I'm confident 'Sherlock' didn't impress me enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment