Monday, April 26, 2010

The Fast and the Furious (2001)

Director: Rob Cohen
Writer: Magazine article "Racer X": Ken Li Screenplay: Gary Scott Thompson, Erik Bergquist, David Ayer Screen Story: Gary Scott Thompson
Cast: Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster
Genre: Action, Crime, Thriller


The Fast and the Furious is among the rest of the series being pulled from memory and my vote history at IMDB, as I as late as today mentioned Jordana Brewster's birthday at my 'on this day' segment on the sister blog. It's been three-four months since my action week where I watched a lot of action movies in a short time, and the entire Fast & Furious series was seen.

Fast cars, Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez and Jordana Brewster. The recipe is simple, but it worked very well and it still holds its candle to most almost ten years later. The story isn't that important. The street racing and action is what drives the movie. I was entertained, and in these kind of movies the entertainment level is the most important part as they seldom reinvent the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment