Sunday, January 23, 2011

Unstoppable (2010)

Unstoppable

The story of this kind got to have one thing in common; they're really predictable in every aspect. Tony Scott still manage to make it an entertaining enough movie, and that's quite an achievement everything considered. he got a lot of help though, as Denzel Washington and Chris Pine(Star Trek) interacts well in the leads and the supporting cast is unbelievable solid.

Rosario Dawson, Ethan Suplee, the triple Kevin's Corrigan, Dunn and Chapman, and Jessy Schram just to mention a few. Corrigan is often solid as a support member, Dawson got my eye a long time ago and let me once again throw my support behind Jessy Schram for a leading role. I love that girl, and have done so ever since she dropped by the TV-show Veronica Mars back in the days. She's brilliant here again, and someone got to get her signed for something big soon, be in TV or for box office purpose. She's got the look, the charm and the talent to back it up.

Back on track, so to speak. Unstoppable doesn't bring a lot of originality or suspense to the table, but it managed to keep me interested throughout. I'm pretty sure I'm not about to revisit anytime soon, but it got the job done when it didn't bore me at all. For the popcorns, that's usually as good as it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment