Saturday, March 6, 2010

Up in the Air (2009)

Up in the Air is one of those dark comedies that obviously goes over my head or misses completely on my radar. It really wasn't very good, at least not worthy of all those Oscar nominations it got. Clooney didn't do that well, it wasn't that well directed, the screenplay was nowhere that good, it wasn't close to the best picture of the year and Vera Farmiga didn't do a supporting actress role worthy of the nomination. Anna Kendrick's nomination as actress in supporting role was on the other hand well deserved. Her performance is about the only thing I'll take with me from this movie.

At least her performance is the only thing I'll remember with only delight and no bitter taste. This movie got some really great scenes and it does tell a bit about the society today, but overall it's too much downtime, too weak commenting on the society it tries to reflect and a leading story quite well suited to go untold.

On the other hand. Somebody should probably give me an intro to dark comedy and satire. It seems like most movies getting a lot of support in those genres, strikes out with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment