Sunday, February 21, 2010

Underworld: Evolution (2006)

Underworld: Evolution continues the story about the battle between Lycans and vampires, Selene's role in it all and more about the reasons behind the centuries long war.

As with most other sequels, it's not as good a story as in the original. I find it better balanced than Underworld, but it's still not as good story there to begin with. Still it tells me more than enough I'm really not very interested in the story behind it all, so I doubt I'll watch Rise of the Lycans. At least not until the fourth chapter arrives, and I feel obligated to watch the third before again following Beckinsale as Selene.

And just to have mentioned it. I really really hate it when a sequel flashback cliffnotes about the original movie to the extend they do here. Jeezes. If you make a sequel depending on watching the first movie to really get into the story, at least make sure you trust your audience enough to believe they'll  actually bother watching the first movie ahead of the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment